Feeling like your blog is in need of some refreshing? It might be a new year, or maybe you just haven’t been finding much motivation to post recently. I came up with this list of things you can do to give your blog an extra boost, most of which take only a few minutes!
Blog Revamp Checklist
- freshen up your design or consider redesigning it all together. It’s a challenge for sure, but new looks are fun!
- find new ways to engage your readers and keep them coming back.
- come up with a media template to use when designing your blog graphics. Decide on a couple colors and fonts, and try to stick with them when creating your images. It will make your blog look so much more professional and organized!
- clean up your sidebar by centering your images, making them all the same width, and getting rid of sections you don’t need.
- make a page for your new readers to get them up-to-date on the happenings of your blog and life. It’s like a step up from your “about” page where you can show off your best work!
- organize your navigation bar to make it easy for readers to get around your blog.
- try to narrow down your niche if you feel like your blog is confusing or disorganized.
- update all of your social media bios and profile pictures. If you haven’t used one in a while, now is the time to get going again!
- consider switching to self-hosted WordPress if your blog is really taking off!
- set up a schedule for things like posts, tweets, and pins. It will keep you from over/under posting, and help you figure out what media outlets work best for your blog. The organization is always a plus!
- have you set up rich pins yet? Make sure you take advantage of them!
- update graphics like your “about me” image with more recent pictures of yourself. That alone can give your blog a new look!
- set aside some time for yourself away from blogging every once in a while. You deserve it!
- create a sponsorship routine that guarantees the best treatment for all of your sponsors. The best way to get more sponsors is to have your current ones talking about a great experience with you!
- start making use of your resources. There are so many websites out there that are perfect for bloggers, like PicMonkey or Bitly. Let them make your life easier this year!
- change up your working environment. If you’re starting to lose inspiration, move around a bit. Try a new space in the house, or head over to a local coffee shop every once in a while.
- update your “about” page. Who knows how much you’ve changed since last time you edited it!
- make a list of post ideas. It’s super convenient for those days when nothing comes to mind, or when you’re just full of ideas that you don’t want to go to waste.