After reading chit chat posts from some of my favorite college bloggers (talking about you Kayla, Abigail, Cristina, and Gabby) and watching them share more personal stories (everyone needs to read this post by Shannon), it hit me that I haven’t written a personal post since…March? And that’s way too long!! So here’s to starting another blogging series with zero plan of when or how often I’m going to post and the hope that some of y’all will like reading this.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure by clicking here.
I guess I’ll start with what I’ve been up to for the past…four months:
- I finished my third year of college! Honestly it feels like I’ve been in my junior year for like, five years, because wow was that a stressful year. I moved into an apartment, dropped a class and almost failed another, got strep the day before attending Grace Hopper, attended Grace Hopper and didn’t die, interviewed a lot, got rejected a lot, and changed career aspirations 5 times. But I made it!
- I went on a two week road trip through the national parks of the southwest. I slept in a tent on top of a car, did my makeup in a window, and did laundry at midnight because it meant using the wifi at the laundromat. Would I recommend it? Maybe, hotels are pretty sweet though.
- I sent my first email pitch to a brand!! It took me three years but I’m so glad I finally did it. I have a really exciting post coming up at the end of this month because of it, so look out for that!
- I got highlights in my hair, which is pretty big because the most I’ve ever done to my hair is temporarily dye my tips pink (middle school was a great time).
- I just got back from Seattle yesterday after a fun two week vacation! I stayed in a super cute Airbnb and had so much yummy food. I’m feeling major post-vacation blues watching Grey’s Anatomy right now since every transition shot is of the Space Needle.
- I’m moving back into my apartment today and I’m so excited to be back in the city with my roommates! Home is great, but my twin sized bed and the current lack of AC isn’t really pulling me back.
things to look forward to
- an Instagram collab with Society6 aka my favorite company for finding dorm decor like my beloved tapestry (I got a size small). You can get $10 off your first purchase using my referral link!
- a secret collaboration that I’ve been planning for a month and am super excited to share with y’all.
- lots of back to college content! I’m gonna miss this season next year so trying to make the most of it now.
That’s all for now so hopefully another one of these will be up within the month?? I don’t have classes on Fridays this semester so I really don’t have an excuse not to post them weekly…we’ll see.